About Me

My photo
I am a 40 something female who has a great love for crafts...any crafts. I love quilting, I collect fabrics, books and patterns. I enjoy traditional patterns in bright colors. My favorite fabrics are batiks and brights. Because I am a great collector...I now have a stash that is out of control. My goal for the upcoming year is to reduce my stash. I won't stop collecting so I need to become more productive.

Thursday, November 22, 2007

Stash Reduction Effort Vow

In an effort to bring my stash and getting my sewing room under control....I have joined http://judylaquidara.blogspot.com/2007/11/quilters-who-want-to-reduce-stash.html"Quilter's who want to reduce their stash".

I have too much stuff...I know it and everyone who knows me knows it.

I need to cut back on my spending period! Due to life changes that are fast approaching and also because no one needs this much stuff!!!

Really sad when quilting friends and quilt shops call me when they are in search of a certain fabric! That should have been my first clue....the inability to open my sewing room door or lastly, not being able to "sew" in the sewing room due to lack on space...all important clues.
When your "sewing room"...consists of three rooms...also not good.

So this is my plan. I have pledged to making a "comfy" quilt every month using only my stash. This is a charity quilt either for a baby or for someone else in need. I recently cut up some of my stash into kits...5 kits to make quilts for friends and family.

Oops...time to eat breakfast....I love Thanksgiving!

Wish me luck!

Traci

2 comments:

Granny said...

I'm wishing you luck with the stashbusting. We can do this! And, now I know who to call when I need a certain fabric! :)

Vicki W said...

Good luck Traci, we'll all stick together on this one!