About Me

My photo
I am a 40 something female who has a great love for crafts...any crafts. I love quilting, I collect fabrics, books and patterns. I enjoy traditional patterns in bright colors. My favorite fabrics are batiks and brights. Because I am a great collector...I now have a stash that is out of control. My goal for the upcoming year is to reduce my stash. I won't stop collecting so I need to become more productive.

Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Quilters

Quilter's Horoscope

Capricorn - December 22 and January 20

When shopping for fabric it is always wise to take a Capricorn, as they are very good at calculating the required amount needed for patterns. ( This is so funny. I will help a person figure out how much fabric is needed for a pattern but I always buy more than needed...a lot more).

Being prudent and practical they will not over estimate the quantity needed and therefore are cost effective to have along, especially if you are on a budget. (Totally untrue...at least for me)They are also extremely organized and disciplined(Totally untrue...until recently my sewing room was awful! I do enjoy the organization now but as far as being disciplined...hehe)

They take as much care in the storage of their stash as they do in the quality of their work. They see themselves as sensible and perform a regular clear out of supplies and materials. They are not the type to horde anything and do not own more than one type of any tool.(Totally untrue for me...I horde, I own more than two of all tools, I buy every new and exciting tool..I need to do a regular clean out...but I don't).

Of course their restraint is what causes them to take an inordinate amount of time in the planning stage of a project, which they feel is of vital importance to the outcome of the finished product (Now I am beginning to wonder...am I a Capricorn...perhaps I was adopted, this would explain so much. But unfortunately, this doesn't hold up because I look just like my mother. I am a great planner of projects but the followthrough leaves a lot to be desired. And, I have no retraint...at all.)



Tonight I had dinner with a dear friend.Carolyn. I had a great time and can talk to her about anything. Due to my work schedule I am unable to attend my Tuesday night stitch group...but tonight I was free...and had such a good time.

What a great group of woman! I learned so much and enjoyed myself so.

Still trying to practice my stitchery....my new name badge looks okay but my stitching needs help, smile. Will post a picture tomorrow.

Today I also did my 15 minutes of "sewing"....I trimmed some of the "Wild and Crazy Stars" Blocks...will hopefully finish that up tomorrow.

Hugs and Blessings!

Traci