About Me

My photo
I am a 40 something female who has a great love for crafts...any crafts. I love quilting, I collect fabrics, books and patterns. I enjoy traditional patterns in bright colors. My favorite fabrics are batiks and brights. Because I am a great collector...I now have a stash that is out of control. My goal for the upcoming year is to reduce my stash. I won't stop collecting so I need to become more productive.

Saturday, November 17, 2007

Guild Night

Above is a picture of the class sample by Sue Nickels. Isn't it gorgeous! I did buy the pattern for this one. Love, love the colors.


We were very happy to brave the cold to see Sue Nickels on Thursday night. She was our guest speaker this month. The presentation was about her "Beatles" Quilt which is fantastic!




I wish I had a sister who shared my love of quilting like Sue does. Both she and her sister, Pat Holly, are very talented.


She also spoke about the Space Quilt which is very appropriate for this area...smile.





I wore my newly made name badge (aka the "pot holder"). I was very surprised that no one pointed and laughed at me...but I looked around the room and low and behold...there were a lot of "pot holders" being worn. Maybe on vacation I will try again with a smaller version.


Purchases for the night were few...NO FABRIC! A book and a pattern...that is it, nothing more. I really wanted the thread set but didn't do it.



Hugs and Blessings!








No comments: