About Me

My photo
I am a 40 something female who has a great love for crafts...any crafts. I love quilting, I collect fabrics, books and patterns. I enjoy traditional patterns in bright colors. My favorite fabrics are batiks and brights. Because I am a great collector...I now have a stash that is out of control. My goal for the upcoming year is to reduce my stash. I won't stop collecting so I need to become more productive.

Sunday, November 25, 2007

Quilt-A-Long and Stash busting!

Quilt-A-long block #2 was extremely hard for me..I sewed and re-sewed that block at least 5 times! For some reason I wanted the center blocks to be reversed, smile! Well, now hopefully I have them correctly placed.

See sidebar for block picture.

With all the holiday traveling...I wasn't able to sew much.

Stashbusting Effort:

1. I didn't make any "new" fabric purchases this week. (I did have a delivery of fabric I purchased from Connecting Threads, before making this Stash reduction Pledge) I resisted temptation... a black and white sale at Equilter.com.

2. I started a Christmas tablerunner, completely from Stash....I will hopefully finish up the blocks today before moving on to my gifties for my TNT sewing friends.

3. Found a great stash reduction pattern that will be perfect for my batiks...which I have tons of, Rhythm and Blues. I also saw a quilt on Crazymoms blog that I will make that too will bust some stash.

I know I haven't done much...but I haven't purchased anything this week. One day at a time for sure.

Hugs and Blessings.

4 comments:

Granny said...

Sounds to me like you've done a lot! I'm proud of you for not adding to the stash! That pattern you found is a great stash reducer! Keep up the good work!!

Vicki W said...

Good going on the stash busting!

Carolyn said...

Hey...I didn't know you had a blog! Just found it by clicking from Judy's site. Good luck with the stash reduction, it's fun, isn't it?

Carla said...

Traci! I can't believe that I found your blog out of the blue! You're the only person in TNT that knows that I have a blog now.
Carla