About Me

My photo
I am a 40 something female who has a great love for crafts...any crafts. I love quilting, I collect fabrics, books and patterns. I enjoy traditional patterns in bright colors. My favorite fabrics are batiks and brights. Because I am a great collector...I now have a stash that is out of control. My goal for the upcoming year is to reduce my stash. I won't stop collecting so I need to become more productive.

Saturday, November 17, 2007

Connecting Threads Order

I took the plunge and ordered from Connecting Threads. This is my first time ordering fabric from them. I am an Equilter.com girl. But after many praises from other bloggers..I took the plunge and ordered some of their strip sets.

Placed the order and received email confirmation that they had received it and it was now on its way....will take 5 - 14 days to get here (interesting time line). I reviewed the order and WHAT! they substituted 3 yards of fabric with 12 fat quarters...obviously someone who doesn't sew was working in the order room.
I quickly email them...what are you doing??? I wanted that fabric for a border and fat quarters just won't do it! Just the thought of piecing all those fat quarter for a border makes me cringe. Still haven't received a response yet. Needless to say...not too happy about that substitution.

Will wait to pass judgement on the rest of the order.

Have a great day!

Me

1 comment:

Leah Spencer said...

I order 1 yard 2 weeks ago and it said it was "4 1/4th yards" on my order, but it came in a one yard piece. My guess is that they count their fabric by the 4th of a yard. So 10 yards is 40 "pieces" in their system. So if you want a yard, it'll register as 4 pieces.

I wouldn't worry about it, I'm sure it'll come in one piece. :)