About Me

My photo
I am a 40 something female who has a great love for crafts...any crafts. I love quilting, I collect fabrics, books and patterns. I enjoy traditional patterns in bright colors. My favorite fabrics are batiks and brights. Because I am a great collector...I now have a stash that is out of control. My goal for the upcoming year is to reduce my stash. I won't stop collecting so I need to become more productive.

Sunday, February 03, 2008

I Am Back from Retreat

Step 1: Carolina Crossroads
Step 2: Carolina Crossroads
Step 3: Carolina Crossroads
Step 4: Carolina Crossroads
Step 5: Carolina Crossroads


I am back from my quilt guild's annual retreat...had a great time!! It was the best retreat I have been on with the guild. Lots of completed projects, none from me but lots from other people..smile.
I decided to work on Bonnie's Carolina Crossroads Mystery. I saved all the clues and worked on this mystery for the 3 1/2 days I was at the retreat. I did take one day off for shopping. I applaud anyone who finished this mystery....whew!!! I am very proud of myself for taking on this project. The sewing wasn't hard but there was a lot of it. I put a fresh spool of Mettler's on my little Janome 760 and over half is gone!!! Now that is a lot of sewing.
The other two retreat projects didn't get touched....except when I moved them around in my retreat case..smile.
I hope to put the blocks together this week since I have a few more days off of work.
More retreat photos to come!
Check back...smile!!!
Hugs and Blessings!
T.

3 comments:

Carla said...

Your mystery blocks look so cool and mysterious! Glad you had fun at the retreat. You went all the way to Sew Bee It??? How fun!

Vicki W said...

I can't wait to see yours, I love your color choices!

Kim said...

OM Goodness! I love your colors of the mystery.-wow!!!
I'm still piecing my top- too many seams to match and pin so it's slow going for me.
The shelf sitters, you get the whole set - how cool is that????
See how easy it is to be lead astray???? Snicker