About Me

My photo
I am a 40 something female who has a great love for crafts...any crafts. I love quilting, I collect fabrics, books and patterns. I enjoy traditional patterns in bright colors. My favorite fabrics are batiks and brights. Because I am a great collector...I now have a stash that is out of control. My goal for the upcoming year is to reduce my stash. I won't stop collecting so I need to become more productive.

Sunday, January 13, 2008

Sunday Stash Report



Today the sun is shining and all is well. I plan to do a little cleaning and will visit the sewing room. Haven't been in there since before the holidays....is that right...hmm. I have to pull fabric for Bonnie's Mystery Quilt and also for my batik stash buster "Rhythm and Blues". Yes, I am behind with the mystery...so far behind that I haven't even started yet...but I will.


Last night's dinner was fantastic!! Today it is back to reality. Why is reality so hard??


Yesterday, I went to the LQS to pick up my block(s) for the $5 quilt (See quilts above). Very few participants this time around because it is such a basic quilt. Very juvenile...but that is okay with me. I will just take it to work, smile. My plan is to make 2 of each block and construct a larger quilt.

Okay, back to my purchases at the LQS...it wasn't too bad. I spent $22 and it was just on things for the Block quilt. Background fabric and stashing fabric only, very proud. The staff at the LQS even commented on me not buying anything extra....oops. I guess they don't want me to make a habit of that, smile. Will post photo as soon as I find my camera, hmmm....haven't seen it since my trip.
Hugs and Blessing!
T.




4 comments:

Vicki W said...

Good job on the self-control at the quilt shop!

alison said...

good job on not getting extras. i just went crazy in the store on Thursday--gotta stop doing that.

Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

I often buy everything I need for a quilt all at once - then I have it on hand for when I want to work on it and it is less likely to turn into a UFO. Good job at the quilt shop.

Cheers!

Evelyn

Kim said...

I had to download rhthym and blues- I love your quilts good luck on the stashbusting