About Me

My photo
I am a 40 something female who has a great love for crafts...any crafts. I love quilting, I collect fabrics, books and patterns. I enjoy traditional patterns in bright colors. My favorite fabrics are batiks and brights. Because I am a great collector...I now have a stash that is out of control. My goal for the upcoming year is to reduce my stash. I won't stop collecting so I need to become more productive.

Monday, January 21, 2008

Stash Reduction Effort --This Week

It wasn't a good week... extremely busy at work and at home. So my sewing time was extremely limited. I was unable to attend the "Road to California" quilt show this year....I thought it would be a bit much since I was just there in December for almost three weeks. So I can honestly say...I didn't buy anything there.

I did visit a LQS that is just starting up so I felt compelled to buy something. I firmly believe we should support our local shops especially in this area because we really only have one and a half (the new one has very limited fabric). I purchased some background fabric....beige and creams and some browns ( I know...not my favorite color) to be used for a backing. I also purchased a new pattern there.

I sewed with a group of sewing friends on Saturday....yippee. Will post pictures of that later today.

Yesterday I worked on my monthly charity quilt, my Valentines day tablerunner and finally..cut fabric for Bonnie's Mystery.

Today...I will go to the gym (have to drop those 10 pounds or more), drop off a quilt for quilting, go to Wallie World and back home to the sewing room. I am in the process also of organizing my stuff for an upcoming Quilt Retreat. I always pack too much, leave something at home vital for completing a project...not this time. Organization is my name!!!

Fabric In: 8 yards
Fabric Out: 6 yards
Fabric Purchased So Far this Year: 18 yards


Gratitudes:

1. Central Heating, Fireplaces, Electric Mattress Pad
2. Soup and Salad
3. Jacuzzi Tub

Can you tell it is cold here?

Hugs and Blessings!

Traci

1 comment:

Quilting Pirate said...

jacuzzi tub.....yep, I would love one of those - heck even access to one :D

Yah for busting stash, that is what I'm trying to do as well. Good luck and thanks for stopping by my blog!