About Me

My photo
I am a 40 something female who has a great love for crafts...any crafts. I love quilting, I collect fabrics, books and patterns. I enjoy traditional patterns in bright colors. My favorite fabrics are batiks and brights. Because I am a great collector...I now have a stash that is out of control. My goal for the upcoming year is to reduce my stash. I won't stop collecting so I need to become more productive.

Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Happy New Year

Today I receive an email that really inspired me. It contained a list of New Year Resolutions. I really didn't make any resolutions this year other than continuing to organize my sewing room and house.

My holidays with my parents in California was wonderful. My trip back home...not so great! That is all I will say about that.

Here is the list of resolutions...maybe you will find something that you would like to do.

Happy New Year Everyone!


1.) Take a 10-30 minute walk every day. And while youwalk, smile. It is the ultimate antidepressant.
2.) Sit in silence for at least 10 minutes each day.Buy a lock if you have to.
3.) Buy a Tivo (DVR), tape your late night shows andget more sleep.
4.) When you wake up in the morning complete thefollowing statement, "My purpose is to___________today."
5.) Live with the 3 E's -- Energy, Enthusiasm, andEmpathy.
6.) Watch more movies, play more games and read more books than you did last year.
7.) Always pray and make time to exercise.
8.) Spend more time with people over the age of 70 andunder the age of Six.
9.) Dream more while you are awake.

10.) Eat more foods that grow on trees and plants andeat less foods that are manufactured in plants.
11.) Drink green tea and plenty of water. Eatblueberries, wild Alaskan salmon, broccoli , almonds & walnuts.
12.) Try to make at least three people smile each day.
13.) Clear your clutter from your house, your car,your desk and let new and flowing energy into yourlife.
14.) Don't waste your precious energy on gossip, energy vampires, issues of the past, negative thoughtsor things you cannot control. Instead, invest yourenergy in the positive present moment.
15.) Realize that life is a school and you are here tolearn. Problems are simply part of the curriculum thatappear and fade away like algebra class ......but thelessons you learn will last a lifetime.
16.) Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a princeand dinner like a college kid with a maxed out charge card.
17.) Smile and laugh more. It will keep the energyvampires away.
18.) Life isn't fair, but it's still good.
19.) Life is too short to waste time disliking anyone.
20.) Don't take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
21.) You don't have to win every argument. Agree todisagree.
22.) Make peace with your past so it won't screw upthe present.
23.) Don't compare your life to others'. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
24.) Ladies - Go on and burn those "special" scentedcandles, use the 600 thread count sheets, the goodchina and wear our fancy lingerie now. Stop waiting for a special occasion. Everyday is special.
25.) No one is in charge of your happiness except you.
26.) Frame every so-called disaster with these words:"In five years, will this matter?"
27.) Forgive everyone for everything.
28.) What other people think of you is none of yourbusiness.
29.) Time heals almost everything. Give time, time!
30.) However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
31.) Your job won't take care of you when you aresick. Your friends will. Stay in touch with them.
32.) Get rid of anything that isn't useful, beautifulor joyful.
33.) Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need. God provides remember?!
34.) The best is yet to come. (in Heaven)
35.) No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and showup.
36.) Do the right thing!
37.) Call your family often.
38.) Each night before you go to bed complete thefollowing statements: "I am thankful for __________." Today I accomplished _________.
39.) Remember that you are too blessed to be stressed.
40.) Enjoy the ride.

1 comment:

Carla said...

I love these! Thanks for sharing them. Now to embrace them!