About Me

My photo
I am a 40 something female who has a great love for crafts...any crafts. I love quilting, I collect fabrics, books and patterns. I enjoy traditional patterns in bright colors. My favorite fabrics are batiks and brights. Because I am a great collector...I now have a stash that is out of control. My goal for the upcoming year is to reduce my stash. I won't stop collecting so I need to become more productive.

Sunday, January 06, 2008

Stash Reduction--Well Maybe Not

True confession time...I have had a bad two months.

In December I went to my favorite quilt shop in California, Material Possession. They sent me coupons.....never had coupons from a quilt shop before. So...I used them. Now, I didn't go overboard, I purchased some neutrals for my TNT box swap, which I needed, some blue fabric I needed for another swap, a few patterns and a couple of books. Not too bad.

Yesterday I went to my LQS...the annual New Year's sale was in full swing with 25 % off all fabrics and an additional 30% off one item of your choice not on sale. I purchased holiday fabric which was 40% off and some black and white fabrics, some red fabrics..my fabric color combination and once again patterns and a couple of books...one was 40% off and the other one was 30% off. I went in search of some 30s fabric..( I have none) which I need for the TNT box swap...(two of my friendly box swappers are using 30s in their blocks) and also a light colored batik to use as a background fabric.

I don't think I did too bad since all the fabric I purchased is for a specific purpose except the holiday fabric (which I don't have a large stash of).

This upcoming weekend I plan to cut out a "Disappearing Nine Patch", pull batik fabrics to be cut (finally) and work on Louise's block for the box swap. I also want to start organizing my stuff for the two sewing retreats this month...one in town and one out.

Hugs and Blessings Everyone!

2 comments:

Vicki W said...

Given the temptations I think you did just great!

Granny said...

This stashbusting is going to be more difficult for some of us! :) Oh well .. you did it and you could've done worse. No use feeling bad about it. Next time . . remember that you're going to have to report to the world what you did and if that doesn't make you not want to do it, then you need to get whatever it is calling your name. What a great cheerleader I am, huh?