About Me

My photo
I am a 40 something female who has a great love for crafts...any crafts. I love quilting, I collect fabrics, books and patterns. I enjoy traditional patterns in bright colors. My favorite fabrics are batiks and brights. Because I am a great collector...I now have a stash that is out of control. My goal for the upcoming year is to reduce my stash. I won't stop collecting so I need to become more productive.

Sunday, March 16, 2008

Happy National Quilting Day




Happy National Quilting Day...or should I say Weekend.

I know several groups are getting together and sewing this weekend. Working on various projects and finishing up UFOs.

I sewed on yesterday...worked on my Carolina Crossroads blocks which are looking fantastic...love my color combination. It is really sad that I don't get much sewing time. I was talking to Betty on yesterday and she said that she gets to sew 8 hours a day when her husband is traveling which is almost every week!!! So envious of that!

I am lucky I get 8 hours a month...maybe 8 hours in three months, if truth be told.

Well..I must confess to a big huge mistake. I was sewing on my little Janome Platinum yesterday.....and forgot to set my stitch width to 3.5. Instead it was set at 3.0!!! Yuck, Yuck and double yuck. So all the blocks I did get together on yesterday...I will be unsewing today while watching basketball.

I will update later with the stash report.

Stashbusting Update:


Fabric In to Date: 30 yards


Fabric Out to Date: 61 yards

Net Year to Date: 31 yards busted!




Hugs and Blessings!!!

Traci

2 comments:

Lori in South Dakota said...

Ugh--frog stitching! So sorry you had to do that. But, it happens!

Kathy said...

There is nothing worse than having rip-pet, rip-pet! I did my share of that this week as well...