About Me

My photo
I am a 40 something female who has a great love for crafts...any crafts. I love quilting, I collect fabrics, books and patterns. I enjoy traditional patterns in bright colors. My favorite fabrics are batiks and brights. Because I am a great collector...I now have a stash that is out of control. My goal for the upcoming year is to reduce my stash. I won't stop collecting so I need to become more productive.

Saturday, March 22, 2008

Flavin Glover




Flavin Glover was the guest speaker at our guild on Thursday. She is the "Queen of the Log Cabin" Quilt....and she really is. Absolutely amazing!!! The above is not a great picture of her....her eyes were closed and I didn't know it until I uploaded the picture...darn it!


I fell in love with her sheep quilt...so cute and I love sheep.
She is extremely organized and very talented. She had examples of all her pieced quilts, old and new.....for each quilt!!! She gets inspired from commercial ads, photographs etc....just an extreme talent.
If Flavin comes to visit your area I highly encourage you to attend her lecture. Unfortunately, I couldn't attend the classes....darn it.
Hugs,
T.

1 comment:

Carla said...

I hated to miss her lecture but we had Maundy Thursday services. I took a Courthouse Steps class the last time she was here and really enjoyed it. I actually finished that quilt (but gave it away).