About Me

My photo
I am a 40 something female who has a great love for crafts...any crafts. I love quilting, I collect fabrics, books and patterns. I enjoy traditional patterns in bright colors. My favorite fabrics are batiks and brights. Because I am a great collector...I now have a stash that is out of control. My goal for the upcoming year is to reduce my stash. I won't stop collecting so I need to become more productive.

Sunday, April 30, 2006

Paducah Quilt Show

Paducah was great! Lots of shopping and lots of beautiful quilts.
My friend Elaine was my shopping buddy this trip. It was her first trip...she is an amazing quilter, has a great eye for color and a wonderful conversationalist! If I ever go on " Who Wants to be a Millionaire", Elaine will be my phone a friend.
The best of show is a wonderful quilt that a picture doesn't do justice. There are 236,000 sequins on this quilt. Most of them are on the back. It is simply AMAZING!!!!

Well, my feet hurt and my purse/bank account took a beating!!! Will take a month to recover. Definitely taking lunch to "dark place" for the next two weeks!

Take care and happy days everyone!