About Me

My photo
I am a 40 something female who has a great love for crafts...any crafts. I love quilting, I collect fabrics, books and patterns. I enjoy traditional patterns in bright colors. My favorite fabrics are batiks and brights. Because I am a great collector...I now have a stash that is out of control. My goal for the upcoming year is to reduce my stash. I won't stop collecting so I need to become more productive.

Sunday, February 05, 2006

The Winter Retreat is Over

Well, I am back home after five days and four nights of sewing and sisterhood. I had a wonderful time. I arrived early to help set up for the onslaught of 65 woman with sewing machines and every piece of material they possessed. I was one of them...except this time I didn't want to take extra fabric. I packed several projects that I wanted to work on but no extra fabric...wouldn't you know, I needed some extra fabric.

We were instructed to make two spool blocks. Well, not a fan of brown fabric I was put on probation right away. I was not to use bright yellow or purple. Well, I didn't want to participate!How dare she tell me no purple!!! Well, I made a block it was red and black...my other signature color combination.

I sewed and sewed and sewed...I couldn't sit and sew any longer. I started at 7 AM and stopped after dinner around 6:30 PM every evening. People couldn't understand why I didn't sew longer. Well, I thought I should walk around since I couldn't fill my legs any longer. How on earth did they sit and sew for 16 or 18 hours in a row...much happier stopping at 6:30 PM.

Well, I am tired and off to bed. More later.