About Me

My photo
I am a 40 something female who has a great love for crafts...any crafts. I love quilting, I collect fabrics, books and patterns. I enjoy traditional patterns in bright colors. My favorite fabrics are batiks and brights. Because I am a great collector...I now have a stash that is out of control. My goal for the upcoming year is to reduce my stash. I won't stop collecting so I need to become more productive.

Monday, February 06, 2006

Abraham


Hard Decisions

Today I made one of the hardest decisions in my life to put my dog down.

Abraham was a 15 year old Black Lab. Very quiet and only wanted to run. Two years ago I found him in the backyard laying down or so I thought. He was actually unable to walk due to arthritis. As long as he was painfree I wanted to keep Abraham in my life. It was hard seeing him struggle up stairs and slide on the hardwood and tile floors but he never missed a meal and was still a snuggle bunny.

He slept 20 hours a day and his beautiful brown eyes became cloudy with cataracts. He was now loosing his vision and his hearing. And it became clear to me that even with his pain medication, he was still in pain. I had to let him go. His sister, a 10 year old Bichon is still looking for him through out the house.

Today is a very bad day. I only hope that as the rain stops falling so will my tears.