About Me

My photo
I am a 40 something female who has a great love for crafts...any crafts. I love quilting, I collect fabrics, books and patterns. I enjoy traditional patterns in bright colors. My favorite fabrics are batiks and brights. Because I am a great collector...I now have a stash that is out of control. My goal for the upcoming year is to reduce my stash. I won't stop collecting so I need to become more productive.

Sunday, August 10, 2008

Ah...Houston, We Have A Problem....

More Like Traci you have a problem....with your ruler!!!

Here are my fabrics I will be using for Star BOM...all batiks, all from stash. I will be adding some pinks as well.

Here is my completed Block # 1...major problems. I thought I measured so carefully!!! Not!




Well, more like Traci....you have a serious measuring problem.





I can't be the only one that is having problems with the 16th measurements....yuck. Maybe if I had a ruler with the 16th marks! I know...it is me, just me. I have always been measuring challenged...smile, actually smiling through my tears. I so wanted this BOM to be a success for me. No, I haven't given up...but I am very disappointed.


Hugs and Blessings....Suggestions always welcomed!!!

Traci













6 comments:

Diana said...

Don't give up yet! It will be easier next time right? Your block is lovely. Keep going. We are in this together!

Margo in Maine said...

Oh Tracy be encouraged...I know no one said anything about having a problem...but we all begin at different levels...keep on keeping on....your colors are beautiful..very striking...I have friends who are 'perfect' and I have to still work hard at it and sometimes I conquer and sometimes I fail but I am not what I use to be and expect to be better tomorrow...so hang in there ...

Vicki W said...

I love your fabric choices!

SueR said...

Try paper piecing some of those little subunits and then sewing them together. Might take a little longer, but it might also help you be more accurate. Where there's a will, there's a way! I'm looking forward to seeing your fabrics in the blocks--a really pretty mix!

Perry said...

Tracy, don't get discouraged. Your block isn't that bad. This is not the easiest pattern in the world to do; the 16th is tricky. Just watch what you are doing and each one you do will get easier. Yours looks as good as mine does and I have been quilting for 8 years. If you found a ruler with 16ths in it you couldn't see because of all the lines. Just remember that 1/16 is 1/2 the width of an 8th and 1/8 is 1/2 the width of a 4th, so therefore, 9/16 has to be halfway between 1/2 and 5/8. Sounds hard, but right it down and it will become clear I think. 3/16th would be halfway between 1/4 and 3/8. Are you totally confused yet? lol, just look real closely at your ruler, you will get it.

The Calico Cat said...

I am a fervent believer in adding sashing then trimming them all down to size. (Not an option for a perfectionist - but I have a job for that quilting is my hobby.)