About Me

My photo
I am a 40 something female who has a great love for crafts...any crafts. I love quilting, I collect fabrics, books and patterns. I enjoy traditional patterns in bright colors. My favorite fabrics are batiks and brights. Because I am a great collector...I now have a stash that is out of control. My goal for the upcoming year is to reduce my stash. I won't stop collecting so I need to become more productive.

Sunday, April 20, 2008

Stash Reduction Effort

Well, I didn't purchase any fabric this week...smile. Paducah is this week...I will have a lot to report after that.

I started the Quiltville Orange Crush Mystery as planned..all from stash!

I attend two workshops using all stash fabric...nothing new was purchased. I wanted something new and different...there are so many new and exciting floral prints now but I didn't purchase anything at all.

This week was a trying one...work, work and more work. The unit is gratefully not super busy but the other stuff that I must do simply drained me. It didn't help that I had the crud...I don't usually get sick so when I do it becomes a big production. It doesn't help that the valley is blooming! I have allergies...bad allergies. So the crud coupled with my allergies is something like having a quart of ice cream up your nose and cottage cheese stuck in your throat...all at the same time. My throat felt like a grater attacked me then someone poured gasoline on it then set it on fire. Misery!!

I am allergic to every grass known to man....spring, not my favorite time of year.

Just a reminder that summer another unpleasant time of the year is on the way....yuck!!!

On a good note...I feel much better!

Hugs,
Traci

5 comments:

Vicki W said...

Congrats on the stash control and I'm very sorry to hear about your allergies - I feel you pain! I was so happy to be in New Hampshire this week insead of Virginia. It gave me a nice break from the pollen.

Becky said...

Enjoy the quilt show in Paducah. I'll make it one day to that show. Allergies are bad here in Georgia, too. I switched antihistamines today hoping that it would help. Please post pictures of your Orange Crush. I'm working on step 2.

Take care,
Becky in Georgia
www.quiltingbooklady.blogspot.com

Teresa said...

So sorry you have been ill but good to hear you are on the mend.

Mary Johnson said...

I'm impressed - it's hard to pass up new fabric isn't it??

Hope you're feeling better - allergies are the pits!

Teresa said...

and now it is Saturday - almost a week, I hope you are feeling much better and have found some time to relax!