About Me

My photo
I am a 40 something female who has a great love for crafts...any crafts. I love quilting, I collect fabrics, books and patterns. I enjoy traditional patterns in bright colors. My favorite fabrics are batiks and brights. Because I am a great collector...I now have a stash that is out of control. My goal for the upcoming year is to reduce my stash. I won't stop collecting so I need to become more productive.

Sunday, July 08, 2007

Bad Start to My Day

I thought it was supposed to rain this morning...what happened? Well, it didn't rain so I pulled my big butt out of bed, alone, to go speed walk on the greenway. I should have stayed in bed...how many times have you said that!
Well, I get to the greenway...it is warm, like a warm shower or the bathroom after taking a warm shower. Immediately I think...oh no! Well, since we went out to dinner last night in Nashville...I knew I had to do the 5 miles and just suck it up.
Well, my legs felt like I had weights attached to them. But I continued on. Why do some people not speak...have you ever wondered that?? When I was a little girl everyone spoke to each other..Hello, how are you? If I would pass an adult and not say hello....my grandmother would look at me like I was possessed and never said a thing..but I knew I was in the wrong immediately. I think that is why I speak to everyone....manners for the old days.

Well, I continued my walk through hell...at the 1 mile mark, I feel sweat oozing down my back. Yuck, I hate to sweat! I continue on...another non-speaker but I shout....GOOD MORNING! I think I shocked him...he spoke, the first time ever. Mile 1.5 I encounter the "lovers", why oh why do you have to hold hands and walk...you could have done that in your neighborhood. This is for real exercisers not lovers. I sprint around them...heavy legs and all. Now sweat is easing down my face...my hair is totally wet. My nice pretty light blue shirt is wet with sweat....yuck, yuck and double yuck!! I even feel sweat in my underwear....gross. I hope I don't look as bad as I feel...I know I smell bad...even to me.

I make it to the turn around....only 2 more miles to go. Oops, I forgot my dollar again for the water..next time for sure.

I am on fire now...literally and exercise wise. I fly pass the lovers again...they aren't walking, they are looking at a bird or water or something nature like.....they are really grossing me out. I pass the old people. I even fly by a roller blader. The back of my shirt is soaking wet....I am burning up. Damn, the sun is out now. I turn up the music on my MP3 player....I will drown out crap with some Prince....Purple Rain is great for that.

I pass the bridge....thank you Lord I am almost back to the car...actually 0.5 miles away from the car.

Well, I made it 0.25 miles and now I can cool down....whew! That was hard, this walk is never hard. I wonder if the added humidity has something to do with it. The thermometer in the truck says it is 78 degrees outside...now , I really don't believe that at all. I made it....I stretch and get into the truck and drive to Kroger. Yes, I took my sweating, smelly self grocery shopping....we need food. Hopefully, I won't run into anyone I know....because they will get a noseful for sure.

We have done nothing this weekend but lounge. I went shoe shopping in Nashville and then the couch and I have been one all weekend long. New books, great movies and sports...I napped during most of the sporting events. Tennis and golfing ...yuck!!! Oops, I am playing golf with my uncle next week....maybe it will rain, one can only hope. Why don't my cousins learn how to play golf....idiots!

Happy days and blessings to all!

T.