About Me

My photo
I am a 40 something female who has a great love for crafts...any crafts. I love quilting, I collect fabrics, books and patterns. I enjoy traditional patterns in bright colors. My favorite fabrics are batiks and brights. Because I am a great collector...I now have a stash that is out of control. My goal for the upcoming year is to reduce my stash. I won't stop collecting so I need to become more productive.

Sunday, November 16, 2008

Weekend Update

Times are scary. Today I filled up my little car for under $15! Wow...now that is cheap. I like the low gas prices but how long will it last? Food here has gotten pricey but it still doesn't compare to the prices that my parents are paying for food back home in California.

In the bulletin from my church there is a list of needed items for the food bank....there has been a increase in people seeking out food this year. They estimate a 50% increase. Please if you can...donate to your local food bank.

Speaking of my parents....the Hills are burning. They evacuated a short time due to the raging fires....scary!!!

Well the majority of this weekend was spent relaxing and planning. I wanted to sew but laundry needed to be done and I needed some downtime. I do plan on sewing this upcoming weekend....I have to start on my little gifts for my TNT (Thursday Night Therapy) sewing group members.

I took a long walk just before sun up on Saturday morning. We had a storm Friday night so there were leaves in a multitude of colors on the ground....gold, amber, red, green and brown....it was an absolute wonderful sight. So quiet...no one but me out there walking....and then daylight....it was a great start to a wonderful day. Can you tell I love this time of the year!!!


Hugs and Blessings!

T.

No comments: