About Me

My photo
I am a 40 something female who has a great love for crafts...any crafts. I love quilting, I collect fabrics, books and patterns. I enjoy traditional patterns in bright colors. My favorite fabrics are batiks and brights. Because I am a great collector...I now have a stash that is out of control. My goal for the upcoming year is to reduce my stash. I won't stop collecting so I need to become more productive.

Saturday, January 28, 2006

My first post, how exciting. Got the idea of a blog from my friend Elaine. Didn't know if my life would be interesting enough to post.
I love to quilt! Or should I say I am in love with quilting. I love the fabrics, I love to feel them , I see them and think about what they can and will become. I collect them, unfortunately, very few become quilts. I am a fabri-holic, and this is my tale.
I have a wonderful group of quilting friends who meet the last Friday of every month. We are fondly known as Mary's Kids, just a couple of steps behind everyone else in the class. It isn't because we can't understand what is going on, we choose not to. We are too busy giggling, joking and just having a good time to concentrate on what the instructor is discussing in class! I must say, we have improved, but we are still Mary's Kids.
Last night was January's UFO and we celebrated Mary's birthday . Did I sew a stitch, no! I did, however, cut out a complete queen size quilt to be started on at the retreat next week. Yep, another UFO to add to my list.
In future post please look for my complete UFO list (yes, I am coming clean), quilt classes I am taking, current quilt/craft projects, stash/sewing room organization and my life. Hope you come back for a little peak into my slice of the world.


3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Sewbaby,
Thanks for visiting my blog, I did get my stands at Home Depot it was my hubbys idea and has worked out great one is for pressing the other is for cutting they were the right size 27inches and they also work as storage I'm looking forward to coming back for a visit ..Hugs Tina

Unknown said...

Congratulations on your first blog post. I have been blogging for just over a year and I love it. I will visit again.
Don't quilt, but appreciate those who do and the art that it is.

Unknown said...

Congratulations on your first post of your new blog. I have been blogging for a little over a year and I love it.
Don't quilt, but I appreciate those who do and the art that it is.